FEBRUARY 2012

See my website - http://www.vjgary.co.uk/

FEBRUARY 2012

Postby gary bamford on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Firstly I’m not sure when (or even if) you’re reading this, but due to the incredibly long time it takes
the editor to piece together this
amazing magazine, (Imagine him sitting there with a jigsaw, that’s what this is like…..not a hard
jigsaw obviously, One of those 6 piece ones for 18+ months) But anyway, this has to be written well in advance of publication, so I’m currently writing this in 1942, so excuse me if I break off every now and then but those damn air raids……

Seriously though, I’m actually writing it at 23.51 on Monday 16th January, which according the news is known as “Blue Monday” officially the most depressing day of the year…. That day we all
realize how much we’ve overspent at Christmas, as the credit card bills hit the
doormat, The weather is rubbish and there’s nothing decent on TV (although two
of the above could apply to any day) Its also the day that some of my friends finally sober up after Christmas. But to that I say rubbish, Surely if today is the worst day
of the year, we should be happy that things will get better from now on? And
whilst I think of it, Blue Monday was (and indeed still is) a great tune!

Obviously Christmas and New years parties are a distant memory now, and some terrible things have happened to Northampton’s nightlife in what seemed like an incredibly long week at the beginning of 2012. The dreadful fire at Fat Cats, which also caused damage to Balloon Bar and has had an effect on everyone on Bridge Street. Hopefully Balloon Bar will re-open soon, and Fat Cats will get rebuilt and
re-open in the future. “But surely, as you work in an opposing Bar, you’re glad this as happened??” I hear you ask, well no to be honest. Apart from the fact that its caused a lot of people to lose their jobs and livelihoods, Its bad for Bridge Street as well, Fat Cats in particular bought an older, nicer class of customer to Bridge Street, and losing two very popular bars on the street has seemed to have an effect on the amount of people that come to Bridge Street. And from a business point of view, The staff at Balloon and Fat Cats were always the first to help if we ran out of
anything, and vice versa, so lets hope they’re back soon, If only so the scaffolding comes down soon so you can see the bottom of Bridge Street again.

So anyway, enough doom and gloom, its nearly midnight which means the most depressing day is nearly over, so look forward to a new more cheerful day, keep coming to Bridge Street, and here’s hoping to a speedy recovery for Balloon & Fat Cats…..We miss you

Gx

1. DAVID GUETTA feat. SIA - Titanium (Original Extended)

2. RIZZLE KICKS - Mama Do The Hump (Bimbo Jones Remix)

3. RIHANNA - You Da One (Almighty Remix)

4. SWAY - Still Speedin’ (Liam Keegan Remix)

5. YASMIN feat. SHY FX & MS. DYNAMITE - Light Up The World (N C Remix)

6. JESSIE J - Domino (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)

7. CARO EMERALD - Stuck (Hesso Remix)

8. DJ FRESH - Hot Right Now (Extended or Kamuki Remix)

9. PIXIE LOTT - Kiss The Stars (Kat Krazy Remix)

10. UTAH SAINTS vs DRUMSOUND & BASSLINE SMITH -
What Can You Do For Me(7th Heaven Remix)

11. AVICII - Levels (Skrillex Remix)

12. ALYSSA REID feat. JUMP SMOKERS - Alone Again (S. Smart & Westfunk Remix)

13. MARTIN SOLVEIG & DRAGONETTE - Big In Japan (Ziggy Stardust Remix)

14. DAVID GUETTA feat. NICKI MINAJ - Turn Me On (Sidney Samson Remix)

15. AZEALIA BANKS feat. LAZY JAY - 212

16. DRAKE feat. RIHANNA - Take Care (Panic City Remix)

17. LABRINTH feat. TINIE TEMPAH - Earthquake (Hi Def Remix)

18. CHRISTINA PERRI - Jar Of Hearts (SMP Remix)

19. RIVA STARR & FATBOY SLIM feat. BEARDYMAN - Get Naked (Extended)

20. JAY SEAN feat. NICKI MINAJ - 2012 (It Ain’t The End)(Hardwell Remix)
gary bamford

Return to Gary Bamford