MAY 2012

See my website - http://www.vjgary.co.uk/

MAY 2012

Postby gary bamford on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:47 pm

“We Could Be Heroes, Just For One Day……..” sang David Bowie, (And various “Britains Got Talent” hopefuls as well probably) all of which helps as the subject of this months column is Heroes. I’m not going to be ranting this week, as frankly, I can’t compete in the ranting stakes with VJ Paul Mason’s column in this wonderful magazine, The man out-rants me all day long haha.

Firstly I’d like to apologise for the blatant name-dropping which will occur in this column, but I need to do it to illustrate the point I’m trying to get across. In my career I’ve been fortunate to work with quite a few famous people, and that list
was added too the weekend just gone, when took a well deserved break from my residency at NB’s to perform at the BSAVA international congress in Birmingham, The BSAVA is the British Small Animal Veterinary Association (They are not little vets, they are normal sized vets that fix little animals) Anyway, they normally have a decent line up, and this year was no exception, headlining on the Saturday was
Olly Murs, and Greg Davis, oh and me obviously haha.

Anyway this is where the hero bit comes in, For those of you who don’t know him, Greg Davis plays the teacher in The Inbetweeners, is one of the funniest stand up comedians around at the moment, and is my current, modern comedy hero. So I find myself in the VIP area whilst Olly Murs is on stage, and I’m standing next to (the very tall) Greg Davis, but find that I couldn’t say hello. I just couldn’t so it, I’d stood there a little to long for a casual “hi” as I’d drifted into stalker territory, When trying to explain why this situation had occurred, the best I could come up with was this, I didn’t want to meet my hero in case he turned out to be horrible, as it would be gutting. Does that make sense? I have no doubt that Greg Davis is a proper gent, but I just couldn’t so it, I had the chance to meet DJ Yoda as well recently but the same thing applied, I think he’s amazing but what happens if I meet him and it turns out he eats kittens?

That’s enough rubbish from me this month, Hope to see you at NB’s on a Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday night soon.

1> RITA ORA feat. TINIE TEMPAH - R.I.P. (Seamus Haji Remix)
2> DEHASSE feat. PRINCESS NYAH - What A Night (Vocal Mix)
3> CONOR MAYNARD - Can’t Say No (Wideboys Remix)
4> SORAYA VIVIAN-When I’m Dancing (Digital 96 Extended)
5> DAVID GUETTA feat. JESSIE J - Laserlight (Extended Vocal)
6> DJ FRESH feat. DIZZEE RASCAL - The Power (Extended)
7> FUN feat. JANELLE MONAE - We Are Young (Alvin Risk Remix)
8> ELTON vs PNAU - Good Morning To The Night (Extended)
9> MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - Primadonna (Walden Remix)
10> MACHINES DON’T CARE - Beat Dun Drop (Wideboys Club Mix)
11> TULISA - We Are Young (Supasound Extended Mix)
12> CEDRIC GERVAIS - Molly (Extended)
13> AZEALIA BANKS feat. LAZY JAY - 212 (Extended Explicit Mix)
14> SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA - Greyhound (Extended)
15> SHARAM - Our Love (Heren Club Mix)
16> AFROJACK & SHERMANOLOGY - Can’t Stop Me (Gee’s Re Edit)
17> GOTYE feat. KIMBRA - Somebody I Used To Know (Fabian Gray Remix)
18> KNIFE PARTY - Internet Friends (Extended)
19> WRETCH 32 feat. ED SHEERAN - Hush Little Baby (Wideboys Mix)
20> NICKI MINAJ - Starshios (Vocal Remix)
Gx
http://www.vjgary.co.uk
gary bamford

Return to Gary Bamford